1. Jim Carrey rocking a mohawk.
2. Carmen Electra’s undercut.
WHILE ON THE SUBJECT of what everyone calls an “undercut” (which technically makes no sense on the stylists perspective):
Not a lot of people can pull this off, but I think Carmen’s spin on the idea is appropriate. Undercuts have a little more complication to them and all a-symmetrical haircuts have to be compensated in other areas of the cut to make it work. I do not suggest that a haircut should be destroyed by taking a pair of your dad’s old clippers to the side of your head. I have found that facial structures with high defined cheek bones, heart shaped, and inverted triangle face shapes- it is a little easier to pull off.
3. Emily Browning and her classic Sassoon inspired bob.
4. Rooney Mara in Girl With the Dragon Tattoo so-many disconnections(!) cut.
5. Sky Ferreira’s center part and long layered.
6. la roux